The House in Bequia, Lower Bay
Cassava was designed and also constructed by the distinguished Mustique architect Thomas Dehen. Comprising four en-suite double bedrooms, its design and construction has been inspired both by local and by classic English style, its materials and furniture having been selected and imported from places close by and afar.
The house is fully equipped with everything you would expect from a modern luxury house, with fans throughout and additional air conditioning in the three bedrooms.
Laid out over two floors with one bedroom off the main living room and a large entertaining room that extends outdoors onto an exquisitely furnished, covered, oceanfront terrace the length of the house. The main bedroom has a 6’6″ x 7′ four-poster bed whilst bedrooms 2 and 3 have 3′ x 6’6″ single twin beds which can be interlinked into doubles and bedroom 4 has a 5ft king-size bed.
- Sleeps: 8 – one four-poster bedroom with 6ft 6in wide bed, two bedrooms can be made up as 6ft 6in double or twin 3ft 3in each, one bedroom with 5ft king-size bed. All with ensuite shower/WC.
- Practicalities: Air Con & ceiling fans in bedrooms, Fans in the living room, washing machine, fridge freezer, gas range for cooking with electric fan oven
- Parking: outside the house
- Audio Visual: Cable TV, DVD players (one takes American, one takes UK/European DVDs)
- Internet: Wi-Fi wireless Internet on both floors
- Advice warning: The main living terrace has a low wall and rail as can be seen on the website. There is a drop from this edge rendering this house unsuitable for very young children. There are steps leading from the terrace down to the swimming pool which is on the same level as the 2 double/twin bedrooms
- Travel: The House Manager will arrange airport pick-up and drop-off. The airport is only 10-15 minutes away. SVG Air requires passengers to check in 1 hour before departure so please be ready to depart Cassava 80 minutes before departure time. Clients will be required to pay a departure tax when leaving Bequia or St Vincent. The current charge is EC$100/US$40 per person (approx £30). Children under 12 do not pay. This must be paid in local currency or US Dollars at the airport after checking in. Please let our house manager know your arrival time in advance
- Rental Inclusive of:
- Bed linen and towels
- Soap, loo paper and cleaning materials
- Store cupboard essentials
- Gas and electricity
- Food and drink: please send a provisions list to Lucille Cozier our House Manager, she will collect these items for you and stock the kitchen for your arrival for a 10% fee which can be settled direct with her – you can settle the provisions invoice with Doris at Doris Fine Foods when on the island – or you can self-provision by contacting the stores directly, see below for contact details.
- Self-Provisioning:It is possible to telephone Doris Fine Foods in Port Elizabeth, Bequia and place an order yourself, giving her your card details. There is also a supermarket, Knights Trading for basic supplies in Port Elizabeth. Wine can be ordered either from Doris Fine Foods – or at Vintages Bequia.
- Staff: Included in the rent for up to 6 guests:
- General manager: Lucille Cozier is off-site, but very helpful and available to call
- Housekeeper: comes each weekday morning during the High Season to sweep & tidy, with a complimentary linen change every 3 day
- Gardener: will come to tend the garden and surrounding area 2-3 times a week & watering
- Pool clean: in the morning early someone will remove leaves and tidy pool area
- At Weekends the staff have time off to be with their families – unless by arrangement.
- Chef service is available by arrangement at additional cost:
The services of a Chef by prior arrangement. Advisable in-season to pre-arrange. Please liaise with Lucille Cozier and check the Chef and Concierge Services information document which we can email you.
Take a look around
Cassava recommended as the place to stay in Bequia by Condé Nast
Cassava is named as one of the 50 best villas in the Caribbean by The Times