The Botanical Gardens on St Vincent
This is the oldest botanical garden in the western hemisphere. It was begun in 1763 by the governor, Robert Melville and the military surgeon, George Young, primarily to provide medicinal plants for the military and improve the life and economy of the colony. Seeds came from tropical India, British North Borneo, Sabah, Sarawak in the East Indies, also from French and Caribbean sources, such as cinnamon, and from Kew Gardens in England came seeds from China.
Although smaller than the Botanical Gardens in Kingstown, these gardens have many species of exotic plants and beautiful sunset views.